HISTORY OF RANK MATH
Rank Math was started in 2018 and is headquartered in India. The Rank Math plugin boasts over 850,000 active plugin users and has risen in popularity among WordPress users in just three short years. The team behind the plugin is 27 members strong and remotely located across the world. A global team allows Rank Math to create and optimize a plugin that constantly considers search changes and ensures the plugin remains updated.
Rank Math is a WordPress plugin for Search Engine Optimization that makes it easy for anyone to attain a good SEO ranking standard with accepted best practices. Rank Math helps to understand what is wrong with a particular keyword that you are trying to rank for in your web page content, and it takes care for the website to appear in search with structured data. It takes care of most of the basic and advanced on-page SEO techniques.
- You can make changes and edit snippets like meta title, meta description etc.,
- You can enter up to 5 targeted keywords.
- While entering keywords in the targeted keywords box, it offers suggestions on long-tail keywords which you can use
- For your On-Page SEO, it goes through the content and checks whether the targeted keywords are present in the page title, Meta description, URL, and throughout the content.
- Rank Math SEO plugin keeps a check on the length of the blog post, URL length, Meta description length etc. It ensures they meet the standards to determine the Search Engine Ranking.
- It suggests if internal and external linking is missing in the blog post
- It checks the keyword density for the focused keyword.
- It checks on the Title Readability which means it suggests if any improvements are required to make the title better
- It also checks the content readability
- It suggests introducing a table of content in your blog post which is recommended by Google too.
The Yoast SEO plugin makes it easy for your site to meet the highest technical SEO standards. It also gives you the tools to bring your content to the highest standards of SEO and overall readability. Here, we’ll discuss how our plugin helps you build the best website you possibly can!
Yoast SEO is a search engine optimization (SEO) plug-in for WordPress. The plugin has five million active installations and has been downloaded more than 310 million times.
RANK MATH vs YOAST SEO
- SEO Performance:
Rank Math delivers a greater set of features than Yoast SEO which theoretically means it delivers greater SEO performance. , don’t assume that by switching to Rank Math you’re going to see immediate growth.But, in general, it is hard to say which SEO plugin has a better SEO Performance because it will need close monitoring of two similar websites with the same content using two different SEO plugins.
- Plugin performance:
Rank Math is 3x smaller than Yoast SEO which means there are 3x fewer lines of code. This means that your website will benefit from fewer PHP requests and subsequently will be faster.
However, as a user, you most likely won’t notice the difference but every millisecond you can save is precious on the web.
- XML Sitemap Integration
A Sitemap file is an important part of any website when it comes to indexing. Without a sitemap, there is a great chance that google will forget some of your content and do not index them.
Rank Math vs Yoast SEO are quality SEO plugins. Basically, you’re not going to make a “mistake” choosing either plugin. It’s more about picking the plugin that best helps you achieve your SEO goals.
Overall, Rank Math certainly gives you more features in the free version. For example, you’ll get analysis for multiple keywords, 404 detection, a redirect manager, local SEO features, internal link suggestions, and more. Those are all things that Yoast SEO either charges for or doesn’t offer.
If you think you’ll use those features, then maybe Rank Math is right for you. However, if you’re the type of person who just uses your SEO plugin to set some SEO titles/descriptions and maybe optimize for a single keyword, you’re not really getting much extra value from those features. The nice thing about Rank Math is that it’s modular, so you can disable any features you don’t want to avoid bloat (the same is true of Yoast SEO).
To sum up:
If you want the most features, Rank Math is ahead right now, especially when comparing the free versions. If you’re not going to take advantage of those extra features and you want something to control your SEO titles/descriptions and other basic settings, you might as well just choose based on which interface you prefer. Or, if you value Yoast SEO’s long track record, you might want to go with the “established option” – there’s definitely an advantage in having a ten-year track record.
Rank Math’s Setup Wizard
Rank Math’s Setup Wizard makes it easier to configure the essential SEO rules/settings for the optimal SEO performance of your website. We recommend running through the Setup Wizard, and if you ever wanted to change these settings again, you could always change them inside Rank Math settings.
- Automatic Initiation
As soon as you install and activate the Rank Math plugin for the first time, Rank Math will automatically initiate the Setup Wizard so that you can configure all the necessary SEO settings right away.
- From plugin page
If you have skipped the Setup Wizard accidentally, you can rerun the Setup Wizard from the plugins page by navigating to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Installed Plugins. And from the list of plugins installed on your website, look for the Rank Math SEO, and you can find the option to run Setup Wizard over there.
- From Rank Math Dashboard
You can also initiate the Setup Wizard from Rank Math Dashboard by navigating to WordPress Dashboard > Rank Math > Dashboard and clicking the Setup Wizard tab.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Rank Math
This Rank Math review will be incomplete if we don’t talk about the benefits and limitations. Here are some of the notable pros & cons of the Rank Math SEO Plugin.
- It is extremely easy to use as it offers an intuitive layout which helps you use the plugin pretty much out of the box
- You can easily import settings from other SEO plugins such as Yoast, AIO plugin etc
- Offers a free version as well
- Offers Google Search Console Integration which helps you with everything from crawling issues to keyword tracking
- It’s a lightweight plugin (doesn’t affect your site speed at all)
- Offers rich snippets (so no extra plugin needed)
- It has a great community on the Facebook group (they also offer 24/7 customer support on their website)
- Offers a redirection module
- Lets you optimize for up to 5 keywords
- It is compatible with almost all the WordPress themes
- Automatically adds alt tags for missing images
- Helpful support as they have a dedicated forum as well
- Other WordPress SEO plugins do NOT support import from RankMath as of now (so if you want to move from RankMath to any other SEO plugin after using it for a while, you’ll face difficulties)
What is the use of rank Math?
Rank Math is a plugin that helps you improve your site’s SEO. It does this by optimizing your site’s titles, meta, and other elements that help your site rank higher in search engine results pages.
Is Yoast or rank better Math?
There is no definitive answer to this question as both Yoast and rank have their own strengths and weaknesses. However, in general, Rank Math is considered to be better at Yoast.
Is rank Math free?
Rank Math is a free plugin that can be used on WordPress websites. It is designed to help improve website SEO and get better search engine rankings.
Is rank Math Seo free?
Rank Math SEO is a free plugin that you can install on your website to help improve your search engine rankings. It includes a variety of features that can help you optimize your website for better search engine visibility.
What Is Rank Math?
Rank Math is a plugin for WordPress that helps you improve your SEO. It does this by optimizing your titles, descriptions, and keywords, and by helping you to create better content.
Is Rank Math Better Than Yoast SEO?
Rank Math is a great plugin, and it does have some features that Yoast SEO doesn’t, but overall they are both great plugins and it really depends on your needs as to which one is better for you.
Is Rank Math Safe?
Rank Math is a safe plugin and it has been tested for security vulnerabilities.